An internal site for the CIMMSE projects has been created and is located at:
The purpose of this internal site is to facilitate interaction between various participants in each collaborative group. It is designed to share information pertinent only to collaborators and to share preliminary, unpolished results. It is expected that collaborators will not share the information covered in this internal site with others. This of course differs from the objectives of the blog (cimmse.wordpress.com) and the public site (sites.google.com/site/nwsncsu).
Instructions to join the site are discussed below. If you have any questions, please feel free to email one of the site administration team members:
We are excited about your participation in this internal collaborative site!
The CIMMSE Internal Site Development Team
Instructions On Joining/Using the Internal Collaborative Research Site (https://sites.google.com/site/nwsncsuinternal/)
The main purpose of the Internal Collaborative Research Site is to allow internal collaboration with others in your research group. This includes sharing files such as documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and to-do lists. It is meant to supplement the public Collaborative Research Site and the blog, with the Internal Collaborative Research Site having less polished and more private material on it for the sole use of collaborators. The site is set up so that each project has its own page and the leaders of each project can ultimately decide on the layout and content of their page (and any sub pages).
How to Join the Site
- If you have an NCSU account, you can join the site using your unity email address. Otherwise, you will need to have a Google account. If you already have one, you are good to go. If not, you will need to create one. Instructions for doing so are located here: http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=27441
- Provide your Google (or NCSU) email address to Bob Bright @ NWS CHS (Robert.Bright@noaa.gov) so that you can be granted editing privileges.
- Once you get confirmation that you have editing privileges, go to the Internal Collaborative Research Site and log in using your email address and password. If you are using an NCSU account, you will need to be logged in to your email before proceeding.
How to Use the Site
- To be notified of page changes…
- click on the “More actions” tab near the top right of the page and select “Subscribe to page changes”.